Monday 6 April 2015

The Best/The Worst

My least favourite part of hiking - the ups! Going up is painful and tiring. You can hear my groan, when I see that the trail leads up, for miles. I huff and I puff and I struggle when there is an up.

My most favourite part of hiking - the ups! After all the agony of the climb, getting to the top and knowing that I conquered the hill is exhilarating! I love it. 

Considering most of my hiking so far and for the 
foreseeable future, will be in the mountains and foothills, it's a good thing that I have found something about up that I enjoy!

This weekend we visited family in Golden, BC in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. On Saturday we packed up and drove for about half an hour (or less) to Cedar Lake which houses the Moonraker Trail System! We spent a fun couple of hours traipsing through the bush and conquering lots of up. There was even a rope to swing on but no one was brave enough to let go and swim in the lake. Likely the best choice considering the falling snow - the dog enjoyed the water, though.

There are over 50km of trails in the Moonraker System.




The day use area.









Cedar Lake 1
























1 comment:

  1. There's something I just love about "up". Doesn't matter how much I'm wheezing/panting/dying, it's just so satisfying. I suck at down, though - took me years to learn how to go down without hurting my knees.

    You are in such a wonderful area for hiking, I'm very envious!

    ReplyDelete